Veterans Pension

Supplemental Income for Wartime Veterans

Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) helps Veterans and their families cope with financial challenges by providing supplemental income through the Veterans Pension benefit. Veterans Pension is a tax-free monetary benefit payable to low-income wartime Veterans.


Generally, a Veteran must have at least 90 days of active duty service, with at least one day during a Wartime Period to qualify for a VA Pension. If you entered active duty after September 7, 1980, generally you must have served at least 24 months or the full period for which you were called or ordered to active duty (with some exceptions), with at least one day during a wartime period.




In addition to meeting minimum service requirements, the Veteran must be:


  • Age 65 or older, OR

  • Totally and permanently disabled, OR

  • A patient in a nursing home receiving skilled nursing care, OR

  • Receiving Social Security Disability Insurance, OR

  • Receiving Supplemental Security Income

  • Proof of income and net worth information (e.g., bank statements, pay stubs)

  • Private medical treatment records and where to find any relevant treatment records that might be held by a federal facility, such as a VA medical center



How To Apply


You can mail your application to your local regional benefit office. You can locate your local regional benefit office using the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Facility Locator. You may also visit your local regional benefit office and turn in your application for processing. To apply for VA Form 21-527EZ To apply for Veterans Pension, download and complete increased pension based on A&A or Housebound payments, write to your local VA regional office and provide medical evidence, such as a doctor’s report, that validates the need for an increased benefit.


You can appoint an attorney, claim agent, or VSO to act on your behalf in the preparation, presentation, and prosecution of claims for VA benefits (38 U.S.C. 5902, 5903, and 5904).  Veteran Service Officers will help you navigate the DVA's bureaucracy, and their services are free. They will help with gathering the information necessary to support a claim, filing the claim, and tracking the claim through the VA system. 

See The Video

Non-Service Connected Pension

Additional Pension Allowances


Veterans or surviving spouses who are eligible for VA pension and are housebound or require the aid and attendance of another person may be eligible for an additional monetary payment.

Veterans Aid and Attendance

Visit or Call 702-209-5722 

for your free consultation.