Request for Military Records

Military personnel records can include DD214s; Separation Documents, service personnel records found within the Official Military Personnel File (OMPF), and medical records. Military personnel records can be used for proving military service or as a valuable tool in genealogical research.


You can mail or fax: 314-801-9195


your signed and dated request to the National Archives's National Personnel Record Center (NPRC). Most, but not all records, are stored at the NPRC. Be sure to use the address specified by eVetRecs or the instructions on the SF-180 Locations of Military Service Records  



NPRC Mailing Address:

National Personnel Records Center Military

Personnel Records

1 Archives Drive   

St. Louis, MO 63138314-801-0800


Please Note: that requests which are sent by Priority Mail, FedEx, UPS, or other "express" services will only arrive at the NPRC sooner. They will not be processed any faster than standard requests. See the section above on emergency requests and deadlines.



Download Form SF-180 and Mail or Fax form to NPRC

Veterans Medical Records
VA My Health eVet
VA Medical Records
Request Your Medical Records
The VA Release of Information staff will be happy to assist you with requests for your medical records. We are available Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 4:00 pm for your convenience.
The VA ROI office can assist you with the following:
  • access to your medical records
  • obtaining copies of your medical records
  • requests to amend or correct your medical records
  • an accounting or list of disclosures of your health information
  • requesting Military records
How to Request Information
  • Authorization to Release Private Medical Records to the VA (VA 10-5345)

My Health eVet


Blue Button is a feature that packages all your available health records into a single file that you can safely share with doctors, nurses, clinicians, even family members.

Visit or Call 702-209-5722 

for your free consultation.